Business for Better Society (BBS) along with Mr. Chris Cheung will launch on Thursday, November 10, a new 8-week mindfulness program that is dedicated to individuals working in the nonprofit sector.
What is mindfulness? Jon Kabat-Zinn defines is as “the awareness that arises from paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and nonjudgmentally.”
What’s mindfulness practice? A process through which you can strengthen your understanding of yourself and build resilience to life’s challenges by focusing on the present moment non-judgmentally.
This 8-week Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy programme (MBCT) helps individuals to:
- Understand yourself better
- Increase your capacity for attention
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase empathy and compassion
- Increase your sense of well-being
- Identify patterns that may be holding you back
This is a structured research-based programme developed by Oxford Mindfulness Centre, affiliated to Oxford University at www.oxfordmindfulness.org, and it combines meditation practices with cognitive therapy. Understand the fundamentals of mindfulness practice in a structured, research-based format.
Session Themes. This course will be delivered fully online over an eight-week period. There will be one ‘day of practice’ between session 6 and 7 which will be for five hours.
S1 – Waking up from automatic pilot
S2 – Another way of being: keeping the body in mind
S3 – Gathering the scattered mind
S4 – Recognising Reactivity
S5 – Allowing and Letting be
S6 – Responding Skillfully: thoughts are not facts
S7 – How can I best take care of myself?
S8 – Mindfulness for Life
Short Introduction to Chris
- An experienced facilitator and mindfulness practitioner from the UK with more than two decades of mindfulness practice.
- Founder of AToolkitForLife (atoolkitforlife.com). A platform aimed at spreading knowledge on mindfulness practice.
- Former Director of the EUSME Centre.
- Dedicated to helping others become more aware of mindfulness practice and its benefits to their lives.
- Currently enrolled in the Mindfulness Based Teacher Training pathway at Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
BBS is very excited to partner with Chris on this new program for the nonprofit leaders and teams.